Pertronix Ignitor I 'Lobe Sensor' ignition kit to suit the Delco-Remy distributor on 8 Cylinder vehicles as per following.
AMC 1958 - '74
Buick 1957 - '74
Cadillac 1956 - '74
Chevrolet 1957 - '74
GMC Truck 1957 - '74
Oldsmobile 1956 - '74
Pontiac 1957 - '74
This is the 'lobe sensor' version of kit - these types of kits do not require a 'magnet assembly'. The module itself senses the point of each lobe as it passes. These are usually the best option for distributors which may have obstructions preventing a magnet assembly from fitting properly, to prevent the need for machining the shaft.
- 12-Volt Negative Ground
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting.
- Pair with a Flame Thrower Canister Coil for optimal performance - these kits use a 0.6 ohm coil
We are authorised NZ agents for the Pertronix kits, we offer full warranty and support.